GOUVERNEUR — A fire destroyed the home where five people were living early Sunday.
The Gouverneur Fire Department and Rescue Squad responded to a 12:36 a.m. call to a mobile home owned by Wes Belmore, Rochester, at 112 Barker Road, Rossie.
The fire was caused by a faulty lamp in the living room of the home, according to a fire investigators’ report.
Stephen and Alena Robinson and three unidentified children were living in the home and are being assisted by the Red Cross, a St. Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department release said.
The release said a male occupant was taken to Gouverneur Hospital for observation of respiratory problems.
The renters had insurance, but the owner did not, according to the release.