This circa-1915 photo was taken at the Frontier House, a hotel/boarding house at 31 Depot St., Potsdam. Fred La Duke opened it in 1886, with his wife serving as culinary supervisor. The room rate was $1 per day. In later years, the hotel was run by David Dishaw (circa 1901) and William Barclay (circa 1913). Its location made the Frontier House a favorite of New York Central Railroad personnel. Note the wooden plank sidewalk and the dirt street. The business closed in the early 1920s, and the site is now a parking lot for Mama Lucias Restaurant, which is located in the renovated Potsdam New York Central Railroad passenger station. The precise nature of the occasion depicted here is unknown, as are the people in it. This picture was submitted by the Potsdam Public Museum. Anyone who has information about this photo is asked to contact the museum at 265-6910 or at email@example.com. The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays.