Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown Daily Times
The Journal
Daily Courier-Observer
NNY Ads
NNY Business
NNY Living
Malone Telegram
Thu., Apr. 17
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
45°F
Related Stories

Carbon-monoxide leak causes WWNY-TV 7 studio to be evacuated

ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

The building that houses WWNY-TV 7 studios and the Victims Assistance Center was evacuated early Wednesday after a carbon-monoxide leak sent an employee to the hospital.

Watertown firefighters found a large amount of carbon monoxide in the building, 120 Arcade St., about 1:39 a.m., Battalion Chief Matthew J. Fiorentino said. They ventilated the building and allowed employees to return about 3:38 a.m. A malfunction in the building’s boiler was to blame, Mr. Fiorentino said.

He did not know the identity of the employee taken to Samaritan Medical Center. An employee of the Victims Assistance Center, which is on the second floor of the building, said the center’s employee is “fine” but wouldn’t give any other information.

Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Thursday 's Covers
Frontpage
Sports cover
Our Community cover
Reader Rewards
Reader Rewards