Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Sun., Dec. 21
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
18°F
Related Stories

Carbon-monoxide leak causes WWNY-TV 7 studio to be evacuated

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

The building that houses WWNY-TV 7 studios and the Victims Assistance Center was evacuated early Wednesday after a carbon-monoxide leak sent an employee to the hospital.

Watertown firefighters found a large amount of carbon monoxide in the building, 120 Arcade St., about 1:39 a.m., Battalion Chief Matthew J. Fiorentino said. They ventilated the building and allowed employees to return about 3:38 a.m. A malfunction in the building’s boiler was to blame, Mr. Fiorentino said.

He did not know the identity of the employee taken to Samaritan Medical Center. An employee of the Victims Assistance Center, which is on the second floor of the building, said the center’s employee is “fine” but wouldn’t give any other information.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Thursday 's Covers