Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Sun., Oct. 26
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
47°F
Related Stories

Pinched wire in floor camp causes minor fire at casino resort

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

AKWESASNE - An overheated lamp cord caused a minor fire at approximately 10:10 p.m. Thursday at the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort.

Casino officials, in a press release issued Friday, said two casino associates were treated for “minor ailments.”

They said fire department officials had ruled that a pinched wire in a floor lamp located in an unoccupied seventh floor hotel room had ignited, causing minor damage. The fire was quickly extinguished using a hand-held fire extinguisher, according to casino officials.

“For safety reasons, hotel occupants were evacuated and the Hogansburg-Akwesasne Volunteer Fire Department and the Saint Regis Mohawk Police responded with aid from local area fire departments,” they said. “Hotel occupants were allowed to return to their rooms without incident.”

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Thursday 's Covers