Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown Daily Times
The Journal
Daily Courier-Observer
NNY Ads
NNY Business
NNY Living
Malone Telegram
Thu., Jul. 10
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
66°F
Related Stories

Potsdam residence fire caused by electrical issue

ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

WEST POTSDAM — A fire that destroyed a Potsdam-area residence Thursday evening was caused by an electrical issue, according to fire investigators.

West Potsdam firefighters were called to a structure fire at 7:09 p.m. at 6632 Route 11, the home of Asil R. Bice. Mutual aid was provided by the Potsdam, Canton, Morley, Pierrepont, Hannawa Falls and Madrid fire departments. The Potsdam Rescue Squad also responded to the scene, where one firefighter was treated for a minor injury.

Madrid, Parishville and Waddington firefighters were placed on standby.

The rescue efforts, early investigation and other duties took more than four hours, with the West Potsdam firefighters back in service at 11:41 p.m.

A garage on the property had been destroyed by a fire in April 2009.

Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Thursday 's Covers
Frontpage
Sports cover
Our Community cover