Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown Daily Times
The Journal
Daily Courier-Observer
NNY Business
NNY Living
Malone Telegram
Mon., Jul. 14
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
Related Stories

No injuries reported after smoke found at Carthage assisted living facility

print this article
e-mail this article

Several fire crews were called on Monday evening after an overheated air conditioning unit started smoking at the recently opened Meadowbrook Terrace Assisted Living Facility, 21957 Cole Road. Crews were called out at about 6:22 p.m. and quickly went through the building to find the source of the problem.

“Once you find the unit, it’s pretty self-explanatory,” Great Bend Fire Department Assistant Chief Todd E. Thomas said.

No injuries were reported following the emergency call, although some residents were temporarily evacuated from their rooms.

Meadowbrook Terrace opened Feb. 18. It was built with a $9 million state grant, part of the $34 million Health Care Efficiency and Affordability Law for New Yorkers grant that also was used to build Samaritan Summit Village in Watertown.

The facility features 12 one-bedroom, 433-square-foot apartments for people who require more help than those who reside in the 48 322-square-foot studio apartments.

Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Thursday 's Covers
Sports cover
Our Community cover