Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Sat., Nov. 22
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
27°F
Related Stories

Stove fire causes minor damage to garage at Watson market

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

WATSON — A garage at a town of Watson market on Thursday morning sustained minimal damage from a stove fire in the building.

Lowville firefighters at 11:01 a.m. responded to Miller’s Meat Market, 6525 Number Four Road, and extinguished the blaze.

The garage’s structure and contents were deemed minimally damaged, according to Lewis County Fire Coordinator James M. Martin.

The fire was caused by accidentally turning on a stove that was not normally in use, igniting some debris on it, Mr. Martin said.

There was insurance on the structure.

The blaze did not affect Miller’s adjacent meat and grocery store.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Thursday 's Covers