MORRISTOWN A garage at 3453 County Route 6 was destroyed by fire Friday, but the attached house was saved by the Morristown Fire Department and others.
A faulty wood stove furnace started the blaze in the property owned by Michael R. Gorman about 5:15 p.m., according to fire officials. The house was insured.
The Brier Hill, Hammond, Heuvelton and Lisbon fire departments assisted at the scene, extinguishing the fire and leaving the scene in about three hours.
Although the garage was destroyed, the house itself was mostly undamaged, according to firefighters.