Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Fri., Nov. 28
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
22°F
Related Stories

Morristown home destroyed by fire over the weekend

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

MORRISTOWN — A one-story home on Main Street was destroyed by fire following a propane stove explosion Saturday night.

Fire Chief Kevin Crosby said the home of Scott Bogardus, 900B Main St., was a total loss.

Mr. Crosby said Doris Brown, who was caring for Mr. Bogardus’s pets while he was out of town, attempted to ignite a propane stove when the gas exploded and caught fire to a nearby wall.

Firefighters responded at 6:40 p.m. and fought the fire for two hours, aided by volunteers from Heuvelton and Brier Hill. Departments from Hammond and Rensselaer Falls were on stand-by. Ms. Brown was treated at Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center, Ogdensburg, for second-degree burns to her hands. Mr. Bogardus’s dog and cat escaped injury.

The home was not insured.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Thursday 's Covers