Northern New York Newspapers
Watertown
Ogdensburg
Massena-Potsdam
Lowville
Carthage
Malone
NNY Business
NNY Living
NNY Ads
Fri., Nov. 28
SUBSCRIBE
Serving the community of Ogdensburg, New York
26°F
Related Stories

Hermon house fire displaces four

PREV
NEXT
ARTICLE OPTIONS
A A
print this article
e-mail this article

HERMON — Four people were left homeless after a faulty lamp cord sparked a house fire here Monday evening, St. Lawrence County sheriff’s deputies said.

Firefighters were called to 1215 County Route 20 at 6:49 p.m., dispatchers said.

Tom and Donna Sharpe were tenants in the home, which is owned by William Balling, Richville. Mrs. Sharpe and her two children, Jerome, 10, and Brittney, 8, were home at the time and were alerted by a smoke detector, deputies said.

There was heavy fire damage in the living room and smoke and water damage throughout the rest of the home, deputies said.

The homeowner had insurance, but the renters did not, deputies said. The Sharpe family was assisted by the American Red Cross following the fire.

Commenting rules:
  1. Stick to the topic of the article/letter/editorial.
  2. When responding to issues raised by other commenters, do not engage in personal attacks or name-calling.
  3. Comments that include profanity/obscenities or are libelous in nature will be removed without warning.
Violators' commenting privileges may be revoked indefinitely. By commenting you agree to our full Terms of Use.
Giveaway
Syracuse Football Tickets Giveaway
Connect with Us
OGD on FacebookOGD on Twitter
Thursday 's Covers