MASSENA - A Massena business suffered minimal damage following a short circuit in an exterior sign, according to the business owner.
Ken Cornell said in a Sunday morning release that Cornells Dry Cleaning Corporations 54 Willow St., location in Massena was slightly damaged by fire Saturday evening. Cornells also has a store on Main Street and a plant on Water Street.
The fire was contained to the front exterior of the building and was caused by an electrical short circuit in the exterior sign, he said. With the exception of some water damage in the front area, the interior of the building was unharmed.
There was no damage to any customer garments within the building. As a precaution, all of the garments will be reprocessed. The location will be open for business at its normal time Monday morning, Mr. Cornell said.
We are thankful for the quick action by the Massena Fire Department. Their efforts minimalized what could have been a devastating problem, and each of them acted professionally and with concern. We also thank the many people that noticed the sparks and contacted 911, along with the members of the Massena Police Department for their assistance, he added.